Seeking to be distinctively Christian…
- We are committed to Jesus Christ in all that we do, and in all that we are as people and as an organisation.
- We are committed to the Bible – seeking to be obedient to it’s teaching, and evaluating what we do and how we do it in it’s light.
- We are committed to prayer – seeking that prayer would underpin everything that we do. We are committed to bringing before God the needs of the world, our partners and the Church with whom we work
Seeking to be professional in all that we do…
We want to be the best that we can possibly be and so to honour God in all of our work. In practice this means:
- Setting clear quality standards and then ensuring that we are adequately resourced and our staff are well trained in order to meet those standards.
- That our processes and procedures are clear and up to date.
- That we encourage one another to learn from others and to grow in our capacity and capability.
- Having clear objectives and taking personal and team responsibility for meeting them.
Seeking to be creative and innovative…
Many of the situations we find ourselves dealing with on a day to day basis are hard and complex. We value the creativity and innovation that our partners, our colleagues, our volunteers and our donors bring in helping to find positive, creative and innovative solutions to these situations. Every person’s ideas are valued and actively sought.
Seeking to put people first…
We affirm the equal worth of every individual made in God’s image. In practice this means:
- Showing compassion and integrity in our dealings with others, be they colleagues, donors or beneficiaries.
- Doing what we say we will do, not making promises lightly and when we do make promises sticking to them.
- Valuing each individual’s time, gifts and integrity, and thinking of the impact on others of our actions
Seeking to put the people we serve at the centre of what we do
We are committed to the people we serve, and we seek to put beneficiaries of our work at the centre of all that we do. We therefore seek:
- To be informed and educated and to understand about those we are serving and to give them a voice.
- To empower them to meet their basic needs, overcome injustice and fulfill their God-given potential.
Seeking to work in partnership with others of like mind…
We are a small piece of the picture of what God is doing in building His Kingdom around the world. We are therefore delighted to work in partnership with others who share our purpose and sense of mission, be they in the UK or overseas. We seek partnerships where:
- there is mutual respect for each partners contribution
- there is the freedom to be honest, open and transparent
- there is appropriate accountability and autonomy
- partners seek to learn from their relationship and activities
- there is the ability to take risks
- there is long term commitment to one another evidenced in shared values and goals