Operation Christmas Child (OCC) is the world’s largest shoebox appeal where Samaritan’s Purse, together with local churches here and overseas, distributes from the UK over 500,000 gift-filled shoeboxes to children in need overseas and in so doing demonstrates God’s love in a tangible way whilst sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ.
We are looking for someone to be employed on a 4-week contract on a self-employed basis working out of our head office in Buckhurst Hill. You will both drive vans full of shoeboxes to locations around the south of England and do collections of shoe boxes in London during our Christmas shoebox campaign from 11th November to 6th December 2019. Additional days may be required before and after these dates and the ability to work flexible hours and be capable of loading and unloading vans is a must. Hourly rate: £12.50 per hour.
You will need to:
- To have a valid full UK driving licence
- Be flexible with your hours
- Have a clear and confident telephone manner
- Be confident driving a long wheel base van
- Be happy to work independently
- Be comfortable working in a very busy environment
- Have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Be flexible regarding the tasks you may be given
- Be physically capable of moving large, heavy boxes while loading/unloading the vans
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a letter of interest to Nicola Shilliday, Operations Coordinator at: Nicola.email@example.com or call 0208 559 2044.